Hey, it’s great you’re here! Look below what you can get from this website.My name is Michael Bely and I’m happy to meet you on ResearchAsaHobby.com.
The main idea of “Research as a Hobby” is to truthfully analyze resources and tools and discuss business mindset to help you (a small business owner, a business-minded blogger) to avoid pitfalls of internet marketing fluff and move beyond the obstacles that are on your way.
My motto is to help people, share knowledge and be truthful.
You can spend hours and hours doing your own research from scratch or you may just look here if I have already done the research you need. Simply subscribe to free updates and get to your inbox the condensed knowledge.
What I can do for you
I share my researches of resources and tools with you. I am driven by a good portion of my researching perfectionism supported by 10+ years of working experience in a software development field and data analysis. Also there is a little critic angel inside me who helps me search for good stuff in the web and dig deeper into the things that an average blogger does not do.
My researches are useful if you apply the information that I share with you and if you take actions.
The internet is overcrowded with content. I enjoy to filter out bullsh*t and pure marketing fluff.
I find and analyze the useful stuff so that you could act, not just read.
Why I created this website
- I want to input more order in the marketing niche of the Internet, so that you could save huge amount of time and money achieving your blogging and small business goals.
- I want to utilize my research passion in a very useful way in an informal form like this blog.
- I enjoy finding valuable tools and sources of information, analyzing it, structuring it, synthesizing it and picking out the most useful things out of it.
- I started this website as a hobby project (that’s why you see a word ‘hobby’ in the name of the website).
- Anyway, I’ll do my best so that my research hobby and passion could be helpful for you.
- You can find my research on shared web hosting. By the way, I used it for myself when choosing a web host for this website. A little warning: This is not promoting any of the stuff that you may find on myriads of web hosting review sites. DON’T read this research if you prefer going with masses.
- I’ve been running continuious tests on hosts, which I call Hosting Performance Contest, to find out what hosting is the most reliable and the fastest. Besides, there are real-time hosting performance charts on this page.
- The detailed tutorial how to protect your WordPress site from hackers and malicious bots. It contains the most useful and efficient advice step-by-step showing you how you can make your website much more secure place without spending money. I use it for my own websites.
Also, read here a detailed feature-based comparison of WordPress security plugins and solutions (both free and paid).
- In-depth review of backup services for your WordPress website. After making this research I’ve chosen a backup service for my websites.
- How to backup your WordPress website for free and effectively with video as well as text&screenshots tutorials is in this big article. Apart from standard methods of backup via cPanel Backup Wizard tool (which is very useful for both very beginners and experienced users), there’s a advanced and free way explained and demonstrated in easy step-by-step details how to backup your website automatically and on schedule to Google Drive via UpdraftPlus plugin.
- Here’s my in-depth review of the best email opt-in plugin that I could find. I use it myself. And this is not just for getting more email subscribers!
- Here’s my very detailed and easy tutorial how to clone your website for testing and experiments on your subdomain (using WP Clone plugin).
- I’ve analyzed and compared hosts by their affiliate programs and pricing. The aim of this analysis is to show you a way how to find out a good host among aggressive affiliate marketing. Here’s the post and here’s the hosting comparison table.
- I’ve run 4,176 tests to find out how much A2Hosting Turbo is faster than its general hosting plan. Read the article here.
- I’ve run 11.7 mln tests to find out how Time To First Byte (TTFB) affects hosting speed and website performance. Read the article here.
- I’ve run more than 32K test to find out which one of the two best free caching plugins (W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache) can make your website faster. And also I compared them to Sucuri Firewall caching option. See my research here.
- I’ve analyzed how a free lazy load plugin can improve your website speed. I’ve run 50 tests, focusing on full page load time, start render time and visually complete time. Read my article and apply the same techniques!
- A free, very easy and super effective way to utilize interactive 3D worlds on your website (plus my article about the simplest and free online 3D modelling tool):
- My FatCow hosting review that I turned into a case study showing how a company can use psychological tricks to make you buy, and how you can resist the tricks being a customer or use it wisely as an entrepreneur.
- The ideas of the marketing authority and the author of bestsellers, Seth Godin, with his book with provocative title “All marketers are liars” are arguably discussed by Raah and me within my blog. Each post from this series contains a short infographic with essence of wisdom from Seth Godin – the Authority in marketing world. It’s not just a review. It’s more like my attempt to make a marketing world better. Join our Seth Godin Daydreaming Talk!
- Check out my tools of trade.
- My Blog contains useful posts.
- Also, here’s the list of the most useful articles on my websites in one place broken down by categories
- In process and in plans: 1. Research and deep comparison of tools, software and plugins you need for establishing and developing your WordPress blog, make it fast and increase traffic. 2. Finding out not standard and very efficient ways to use free tools that will give you competitive advantages.
What exactly you can find now on ResearchAsaHobby.com?
Rome wasn’t built in a day, and all big deals are done step by step. And here are some examples of the materials I’ve created that you can already use.
So, thank you for reading it to the end and I welcome you to step aboard! Subscribe in the form below and don’t miss new updates.
I’m always happy to see you visiting my website, using the results of my free researches and participating in discussions.