Large commissions for referrals greatly stimulate review web sites to include big affiliate commission web hosts. Such web hosting companies are given attractive ratings in the top charts. And it fantastically converts into new customers for the web hosts.
This practice might be very detrimental in a mid- and long-run for web hosting service quality if the big affiliate commission web host companies do not want to invest enough into client technical support, new hardware, risk management etc. A lot of new customers are just squeezed into the existing capacity. And it makes their life a disaster sooner or later. It is much about overselling and overloading. It is what EIG web hosts are “famous” for.
It is very sad to realize that most of big affiliate commission web hosts will not pay enough attention to customer support and proper server management. Because it is much easier to gain new inexperienced customers and keep them until they realize it and become completely disappointed. By this time a much more clients will have come in place of those who leaves this web host.
Of course, a good web host company should keep an eye on how much clients it can serve well. But there are just different business models. Some web hosts prefer to restrain their growth and keep up with the high quality service.
As regards hosts which care more about profit-generating than the quality of their services, they don’t control growth of their client base whereas their hardware is not scalable. Moreover, they cut infrastructure costs regardless of worsening hosting quality.
It becomes much worse if such greedy practice is followed by the corporation that is heading to be a monopolist on the shared hosting market (I am talking about EIG). It means more profit for EIG and less quality service for site owners and web masters.
Thus, big affiliate commission web hosts are often greedy and uncontrollable hunting for new clients with detrimental effect on the offered service. It is especially true for EIG web hosts.
What is next?
- Read the next article that gives warning and advice on how to choose affordable hosting.
- Look at the table of contents for web hosting articles of this series.
- You may jump to my recommended web hosts.
- Also, you are welcome to check out Hosting Performance Contest page where I publish results of my continuous monitoring tests in order to find the most reliable and the fastest hosting.
- Besides, here’s the page where I put together hosting performance live charts (live) and hosting performance historical data so that you could see how the best hosts perform currently and in the past.
- Here’s my pricing-vs-affiliate analysis of hosting: the article with the comparison table (useful method that helps you to find a good host).
- And why not share with others your opinion if there anything wrong with web big affiliate commission web hosts?