I wanted to make the Kindle book free but the system does not let me do so. I guess Amazon wants to have profit from each and every book. So, I said in the description for the book that the content of the book can be found on my website for free. My intention was to see how to publish a Kindle book. Plus probably it will bring in some traffic. We’ll see.
It was pretty easy to self-publish the book. I just started from this Amazon page and read the information from the left side bar.
The publishing process for me was as simple as this:
– Create a MS Word doc file according to the formatting guide
– Save it into html filtered format (htm file plus a folder with images)
– Archive the file and the folder into a zip file
– Submit the file to Amazon and fill in forms with all necessary attributes
– The cover was automatically designed for me (I chose one of the several designs).
– And check the result in preview (Amazon has a cool online emulator tool to see the book as a reader will see it on different devices)
Yes, and it was free!
Thus, to make a text book with some images and publish it on Amazon was not a big deal.
You can find the Kindle book on Amazon here.
And do you have your books published? How successful was it?